‘Too Big for My Skin’

20th October 2009

‘Too Big for My Skin’

Need a quick self-esteem pick-me-up?  Check out this video campaign by Desdemona. Writes the artist: “Too Big for My Skin is not just a poem. It’s a mind state. It’s an international campaign that invites you to leave your response to the video in the comment section or to submit your very own video response. It’s about positive body image, acceptance and strength. It’s about finding your voice and speaking. Join us in the campaign. More is to come!”

Read the full lyrics here.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 at 1:24 pm and is filed under Body-Affirming, Fat Acceptance, Feminist Topics, Rachel. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

There are currently 9 responses to “‘Too Big for My Skin’”

1. 1 On October 20th, 2009, Val said:

Great video ! I like the idea that it aims at all women, b/c you can feel insecure about your body whatever you weight is, in our societies…
    It reminds us of not forgetting the “big picture” : what really matters in life.
    We are all unique. So are our lifes ans our dreams.

2. 2 On October 20th, 2009, Kathy Konetzka-Close said:

I’m reading your blog from work, so no sound card on the computer, but I just read the lyrics and they brought a tear to my eye–so beautiful and heartfelt. I always felt much the same way about my mom; she was a woman of some size, and she gave the best hugs on the planet. Every woman should hear this song, and I’m going to revisit after I get home, so I can put the words to the music. Thanks for sharing this.

3. 3 On October 20th, 2009, Chrissy said:

I so love this. It’s really well done and really powerful. I think we need more media like this to keep us going. Thanks for sharing it, Rachel, and thanks to Desdamona for making it!!

4. 4 On October 20th, 2009, Anna said:

Desdamona is awesome, thanks!

5. 5 On October 20th, 2009, Sylina said:

This was AMAZING, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

6. 6 On October 21st, 2009, Jackie said:

That’s hip man, groooovvvyyy

7. 7 On October 23rd, 2009, Desdamona said:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the video up!

Peace, desdamona

8. 8 On October 29th, 2009, Pitch said:

I watch this video whenever I start to erroneously feel bad about myself.

Much love for Desdemona!

9. 9 On October 29th, 2009, Venus Pixeleada – La Raíz del Problema « El Rincón del Ornitorrinco said:

[...] dejo un video que es parte de una campaña hecha por una chica llamada Desdemona. Me parece que viene bastante como un resumen a todo lo que hemos platicado en este post. Para las [...]